Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Courage Boost

Grendels mother raged in revenge for her son.  So, while I was elsewhere she attacked heroet.  She killed many warriors and hrothgars counselor.  I was summond to the chamber.  Mindful of the mighty strength god has showered upon me. Hrothgar told me about the deaths of warriors and his counselor.  He was very discouraged, and also spoke of how grendels mother must avenge her son.  I told him grieve not.  It is always better to avenge dear ones than to indulge in mourning.  For every one of us, living in this world means waiting for our end.  When a warrior is gone, that will be his best and only bulwark.  I guaranteed him that grendels mother wouldn't get away, not to dens underground,  nor upland groves, nor the ocean floor.  She'll nowhere to flee, I said, "Endure your troubles to-day. Bear up and be the man I expect you to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment